Thursday, September 24, 2009

'Wuthering Heights', again.

I love this book with all my heart. I'm not sure actually just why I love it so much. I suppose Emily Bronte's only novel's status as a 'classic' exempts me from having to justify my ardour. 


The prospect of another adaptation may strike some as rather unnecessary, there is, after all, about twenty renditions in existence already. Numerous box office assaults, from the Lawrence Oliver's 1939 version, to Peter Kosminskey's 1992 version, have been made, as well as many televisual delights ranging from the traditional, to the 'moderne' (I'm looking at you MTV). 
One may well ask what this new venture has to offer, well what? Well i shall tell you. 


Ed Westwick. 







That's what. And Gemma Arteton, and the producers behind Becoming Jane and Charlotte Grey (Douglas Rae and Robert Bernstein). Both of which I think are pretty amazing.


plus, 


Ed Westwick.







Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment