Monday, September 21, 2009

"I can’t believe Michael is fucking forcing us to go to the fucking pyramids!"




Ah megan, megan megan megan. 
Jezebel keeps trying to persuade me that I should like you, but I just can't.

Comparing your boss to Hitler? really megan? In Hollywood? Really? I mean you kinda set yourself up for the "dumb-as-a-rock" label huh?


As much as the assembled over at Jezebel would like to believe that you're just a strong opinionated woman who's not taking shit anymore, I would actually be more inclined to believe the three anonymous crew members with a combined industry experience. Your ill chosen words sound like the unselfconscious and self important burbling of somebody who just doesn't get it. The unwritten rules in life that somehow the exceptionally attractive don't feel apply to them. Not that I'm some bitter uggo, but really: 
So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward. He has no social skills at all. And it's endearing to watch him. He's vulnerable and fragile in real life and then on set he's a tyrant. 
 Megan! can you not see how obnoxiously patronising that is?! I'm no fan of Michael Bay but seriously, calling your boss, who has many many many years of experience over you 'vulnerable and fragile'? 'it's endearing to watch him'? are you kidding? forget Hitler, that's where the offence lies. It demonstrates a total lack of respect, and that's assuming some kind of privileged knowledge, that only you, in your marvelous glory can see through Mr. Bay's facade. 


So when the crew members say
'Never expect Megan to attend any of the 15 or so crew parties like all the other actors have. And then there's the classless night she blew off The Royal Prince of Jordan who made a special dinner for all the actors. She doesn’t know that one of the grips daughters wanted to visit their daddy’s work to meet Megan, but he wouldn’t let them come because he told them “she is not nice."'
I believe them. It's the same blithely self-absorbed behavior that is evident in your description of Mr. Bay, not to mention earlier head on desk moments like this, and this, and this (the 'dabbling' bit) among many. I'm not sure if you're famous enough for this episode to not affect you, perhaps you are, but I really hope something in it helps you figure out the value of a little humility.


I've never seen you act, i confess, so I'll reserve my critical judgement for now, I won't write you off or condemn your sexeh ness. I'll even cut you some slack personally, maybe you're just not very articulate, maybe. and maybe you're no social butterfly, ok. 


But when you're in Egypt, and you can't shoot for a day, 'I can’t believe Michael is fucking forcing usto go to the fucking pyramids!" is really not going to help you.




No comments:

Post a Comment