Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Raindance is coming up,




And it's looking good. Much as I love the BFI London Film Festival, and shall be endeavouring to attend as much as possible, Raindance has a special place in my heart as the first film festival I ever attended. I worked there as a volunteer in 2004 (I think...) and it was an awesome experience, I got to hang out around loads of cool people, see loads of great films for free, and learn a ton about the film/festival industry. 


Raindance was set up in 1992 to support British independent film making, and since then they've been running courses, offering advice and support, and showcasing the best work around in the annual film festival. 


This year's lineup looks awesome, I wand to see, in no particular order: 


'Colin' a horror movie shot on 45 pounds, 
'Exam' a movie about the worst job interview you can imagine, 
'Hotaru' a Japanese movie about a love affair between a stripper and a potter (oh Barney where are you to guide me through this film?), 
'I think We're Alone Now' looks like a pretty disturbing documentary about two stalkers of the 1980s teen sensation Tiffany, 
'Philosopher Kings' is about the things seen and heard by the janitors of Ivy League.
'A Necessary Death' has garnered a LOT of attention. About a documentary film maker who puts out an advert for a person who wants to commit suicide, then documents the lead up and event.
'The Girlfriend Experience' closes the festival, so I probably won't be able to get a ticket, i'll still find a way to see it though...


Go see.

No comments:

Post a Comment